Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in market for some risers on my 09 Classic. I think the Phatrisers are the way to go. Anyone installed these and did they work with the stock cables?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the PhatRisers II's on my wife's 900. All the cables and lines are stock, but I had to reroute most of them so they don't run through the wire guides on the front of the bars. She loves them, they give her a much more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for feedback. I was leaning toward the phat Risers 1 so they should work no problem. I can reach grips but looking for little more room.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay follow up question...

Micro polished vs Show chrome?

Is there an advantage making the show chrome worth $30 more?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well then I think that $30 be better off going toward another upgrade...thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
cheaper alternative?

If you search "Vulcan Risers" there's a guy on ebay that's been selling risers for years. It looks like his raises the existing hardware a couple of inches straight up which, because it's on an angle, gives some pull back as well. It looks like not quite as much pull back though. Only $30.00

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for tip....

The ebay risers give 1.5 inch pull pack and the Phat Risers give 2 inches...I think for the price difference I'm going with the auction ones for now.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK now I'm gonna have to go to Sears...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought the ebay risers but not really satisfied with the chrome. It doesn't really blend with the original riser. The chrome a bit wash out. Performance wise, not much different. Better get a proper pullback riser like the phat or others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts