Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How tall of risers can I put on my classic before I have to reroute the cables. I'm thinking of 4.5 to 5 inch risers (with 1.5 inch pull-back).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd think you'd be re-routing cables with those risers. I don't know what the maximum you could get away with without re-routing. I am guessing about 3 inches rise or so.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The day I bought my 9, I installed Phat II risers from ScootWorks. They raise the bars 2.5" and pull your grips back 3" closer to you. We initially installed them without re-routing the cables, but it pulled my clutch cable so tight that the clutch interlock switch quit working and the bike could only be started in neutral. When we replaced the switch, we re-routed the clutch cable behind the triple tree so it would not be so tight. So I would say that 2.5" up and 3" back is too much without a re-route.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Re-routing really isn't that hard or complicated.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The easier but a little more time consuming method of rerouting cables is to remove the headlight, remove cables/switches from bars, pass through the headlight opening , reattach cables/switches, and reattach headlight. Of course have towel/blanket covering paint on fender and tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts