Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine has a 2002 Nomad 1500. He is thinking about raising the bar height. Risers might be the easiest thing for him, but were are looking at both avenues. What height can he go with and not have to change out any cables or lines? I am leaning towards some 4.5" pullback risers for him, it would be the easiest install. Thoughts?

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys, 49 reads and no replies? Somebody has to have an answer. If it's anything like the 900 I assume he could go up close to a 12" bar keeping the stock cables and hoses? Nobody here with a 1500 Nomad has upgraded the bars?

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe an easier question would be, "Is the front end of a 1500 Classic the same as the front end on a 1500 Nomad?" I found many posts on upgrading the Classics to apes and such.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can do about 11-12 inches of rise with all stock cables and lines with the exception of the brake line that runs from the mc(brake lever) down to the t under the bottom clamp. With all stock stuff there's bout 5 inches of play in that brake line on the 1500.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can do about 11-12 inches of rise with all stock cables and lines with the exception of the brake line that runs from the mc(brake lever) down to the t under the bottom clamp. With all stock stuff there's bout 5 inches of play in that brake line on the 1500.
Thanks for the info. Follows suit with the 900 as well. I put 8.5" mini apes and 3.5" pullback risers and still have all the stock cables. The brake his is at its max.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With my last nomad and the current one i have extended the brake to t line only. Goodridge is local to me so i had them make a plus 6 line. 2 day turn around and $35 later i was good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts