Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put Chuckster's Risers on the Vaquero today, everything went very easy but after finishing up I noticed that the bars are turned just slightly to the right. I could take everything apart and start over but I was hoping someone would have some advice on an easier place to start to get everything straight again (big nuts under the tree, hex head bolts on the caps, etc?).

Otherwise I really like them, that extra inch or so back makes a big difference for me.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I have a set of those risers from Chucksters on my Vaquero, they went on great.

Maybe you can get a buddy to assist you, so while you loosen them, he could hold the bars and keep them from hitting the tank or moving too much. Once loose, maybe you can realign and adjust them to your liking and comfort.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I had the same problem with My risers after install. I corrected this by loosening the left clamp and applying a little downward pressure while tightening , then loosened the right and applied a little upward pressure and tightened. Straight as can be now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same problem with My risers after install. I corrected this by loosening the left clamp and applying a little downward pressure while tightening , then loosened the right and applied a little upward pressure and tightened. Straight as can be now.
When you say clamp, are you talking about loosening the hex head screws on the top side versus the nuts on the bottom? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am talking about the hex head caps. (clamps)
You are very welcome.
Worked great, I loosend the right clamp, straightened the bar and retightened and all is well. I'm sure you saved me an hour or so of frustration. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts