Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed 2" risers today with 1" of pullback and it honestly is like a different bike.

I have been struggling with the bike at low speeds and I just thought I was out of practice. Nothing felt natural. I just felt like I was fighting the bike or not trusting it or something. After adding the risers AND rotating the bars a couple clicks up from their original position I get to set back a little more and now my center of gravity on the bike feels much more connected and natural. Maneuverability feels so much easier. The lever ends of the handlebars are probably 4" higher than they were. My hands set just below my shoulders now.

Just an unbelievable difference in how much more control I feel.

I have also been having trouble with buffeting even after adding lowers and adjusting the windshield. The risers do let me naturally lay back and lower and now brings the windshield to where it should be in relation to my melon.

I never knew what a huge difference 2 inches could make. (Insert own joke here.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Vulcan 800b
99 Posts
Im waiting on my two inch risers to add to my 800a, combined with my chumps should be pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
4,528 Posts
I have the Barons 4” risers on my 900 and it helped quite a bit. The stock beach type bars are pretty wide. Was thinking of going to some 8” or 10” mini apes to narrow the bar span. Probably the 8” so I can keep the risers and stock cables.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree completely. I added 4 in risers w/ a 1 in pullback years ago, and it completely changed my comfort on the bike. Enjoy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Barons 4” risers on my 900 and it helped quite a bit. The stock beach type bars are pretty wide. Was thinking of going to some 8” or 10” mini apes to narrow the bar span. Probably the 8” so I can keep the risers and stock cables.

I do prefer the swept back style bars of my old 1980 Virago and subsequent Intruder. Just happy I finally have the bike set up in a way where I can imagine riding it long distances for the summer now.

Reactions: Tourer
1 - 5 of 5 Posts