Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 custom and am need of some risers, I went to the dealership and was told that risers aren't made for the custom which im pretty sure is false. So for those of you that have risers on a custom, what works, where to order, is cable routing an issue, How tall should I go? I'm 5'11". Answers to any of those questions would be great.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Don't know if this helps at all, but if you can't find actual risers for the Custom (I have a Classic), and you don't need tall risers, try this: I read this on a previous thread. Determine the diameter of the handlebar down tubes, then go to a hardware store, like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc., and pick up two chrome deep sockets. That's a cheap set of short risers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Chucksterscustoms.com.
Send him an email and he'll get you set up.
I got the 2" risers from him and they work great. No need to reroute or change cables.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Risers

I put risers on my 09 Custom about 2 months ago.............made all the difference in the world. I, too, am 5'11'' and now sit straight up rather than folded up like a sideways V. Mine are 2" risers from Scootworks. I think they are around a $100 or so. I lucked up and got mine from the classifieds here for $20 from someone that was selling their old parts.

Looking back, I should have made the change long ago as I am definately more comfortable when riding.

................I hope this helps

·
Registered
953 Posts
or you could just get a drag bar with more rise built in, it looks alot cleaner, lik e these. You can get em in all shapes and sizes, i think the stock rise is about 8" on the custom. Plus the aftermarket ones are drilled for internal and come in 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 for a beefier look.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I bought Sarge's GenMar risers and can testify to the look and quality, plus I didn't have to reroute the cables much. I eased the tension by slipping the brake lines out of the wire cable guides, and that was it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the easiest way to get what ever risers you want to fit is to drill out the stock riser bolt holes in the top triple tree to 1/2". i did this on mine so i could put some 4.5" harley pullback risers with 1 piece top clamp on mine. got mine on ebay for about $20. still looked new too. doing it like mine with the stock classic bars, not sure about the custom, you will have to re-route the cable and wires a little. pretty easy though. the top triple tree comes off fairly easy, then you just use a drill press with a 1/2" bit and drill them out. i couldnt believe how small the stock riser bolts were when i pulled mine off. way to thin to be safe, in my opinion anyway. just my 2 cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts