Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 900 vulcan custom with drag bars and purchased the saddleman solo seat which gives the bike a great profile. problem is the seat sits back about an inch more and an inch lower which means i have to reach farther to grab the bars. The stock seat was a perfect fit for me with no back problems but now the saddleman seat puts more strain on my lower back so that i am now sore whereas before i was not. instead of putting the stock seat back on i figured maybe risers would correct the problem. But i can't find any risers for drag bars for this bike . Do they make risers or do i have to change the handle bars that come to me a little

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a set from chucksterscustoms I like them a lot. I am using the stock bars. I did not need to reroute the cables, no binding, lock to lock.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm in the same situation. I checked out the site but couldn't find the risers for the stock bars. Did I over look something?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm in the same situation. I checked out the site but couldn't find the risers for the stock bars. Did I over look something?
I actually ended up emailing him, his name is Joe. I had questions about cable lengths and ordered the through email. He was very helpful. Here is his contact page. http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/Home/Contact?Length=4
Scootworks makes a similar set too. I think chucksterscustoms was a little less.
http://www.shopscootworks.com/SCOOTWORKS-SWR-11-RISERS-VULCAN-900-VN900-Custom-detail.htm?productId=-128747&browse=-19036&shopBy=-3244&catalogId=-799

The install insteuctions for both are the same. Really easy, took about half an hour going slow. Remember to cover your tank before disassembling your bars or you'll end up yelling for your wife to bring you a jacket/towel while you hold the bars over the tank (don't ask me how I know).

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
The GenMar x11 risers (listed for meanstreak) also fit, look good, and no cable reroute needed (although I did slip the brake lines out of the guide bracket). Took me about 30 minutes to install, and I was taking my time. +1 on making sure to lay a towel down to avoid scratches/dings!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Photos for reference. Chuckster's are straight (I believe) and the GenMar is tapered.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

edit: sorry, they don't upload well from my iPhone, so they're kinda small. Will try later from home if ya like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input , I emailed chucksters and they said they do have them for my bike , cost was $75.00. Problem was he didn't describe them, I'll email him back as i assume they are 4 inch lift and 2 inch back but don't know

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for all the input , I emailed chucksters and they said they do have them for my bike , cost was $75.00. Problem was he didn't describe them, I'll email him back as i assume they are 4 inch lift and 2 inch back but don't know
Cool Post back I need a set too. Not really happy w my 900 right now compared to my last bike. Feel like I'm sitting on top of it rather than in it. Hoping a new seat and risers fixes that.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Pretzel: Where did you purchase the GenMar x11 risers from?
I bought mine off of a forum member (BigSarge), but you can find them all over.

Directly from the manufacturer is a decent price:
http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

Scroll down on the left and choose the "Mean Streak all" link under Kawasaki.

eBay has a set priced similarly:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genmar-Vertical-Tube-Risers-for-Kawasaki-Mean-Streak-Suzuki-Volusia-GM-X11-/370554816099?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5646c9c663&vxp=mtr

They come in black as well, just assuming that you would contact GenMar directly from their site (1st linked above)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The gen mar look awesome with that bell shape, I checked their website genmar mfg, and they only have them listed for the mean streak which loooks like it has the same type of drag bar. They look a lot better than straight risers plus i saw that they come in black

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Kewooski, I like the looks of that ebay set as well. If you get them, can you post some pictures? It's between those and the Gen Mar set. About the same cost just a difference in style. Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I will order soon, maybe next week. I lean forward a bit when I ride, and with a history of bilateral shoulder impingement, it gets to be a bit much on my shoulders at times. I'm hoping these will bring the bars comfortably in to me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I finally bit the bullet and bought gen mar risers and they made a difference , now i can ride for enjoyment and not hate to get on the bike, I still think the original stpock seat set up wass the most comfortable but this is close and the bike looks much better with the saddleman solo seat as oppposed to the stock seat. One thing about the riser install. you shoud definitely get someone to help you at least when it comes time to screw the bolts into the trpple tree. I tried to hold the bar in place and screw it into the triple tree but had a hard time doing it, I had to get my 12 year old son t hold the bars in place . If i would of thought of it sooner i could ofcut the install in half. Also, you may want to move the wires out of the way as they were also a pain to work around. And one last point , why are they using a hex bolt to fasten to the tripple tree? The area to screw the bolts in place is half and qurter turns because the area to engage the hex bolt is very small. A regular bolt with a long ratchet would of made it easier to install. But i am happy with the final outcome

1 - 20 of 42 Posts