Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 900 Custom SE love the bike the only complaint I have is that I seem to be hunched over. Which really kinda sucks on long rides. Now I am 6'3" that's the problem and would most likely be the same on any bike. I really like the stock handlebars it would just be nice if I could get them up about 2 inches. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Scootworks Phat Risers...they have three sizes. Unfortunately the Phat Riser II's will probably require cable re-routing and the Phat Riser III's will require extending (i.e., replacing) some cables. I bought the II's for my 900 Classic based on the statement that they would most likely not require any mods but when I turned the wheel it put too much stress on the cables. A removal of the triple tree and re-route would have solved the stress but the bike was brand new, as was I to riding, and I did not have the stomach for that at the time, so...I traded them for the Phat Riser I's which went right on. Good luck. - Paul (pjd52)

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have an '09 900 Custom SE love the bike the only complaint I have is that I seem to be hunched over. Which really kinda sucks on long rides. Now I am 6'3" that's the problem and would most likely be the same on any bike. I really like the stock handlebars it would just be nice if I could get them up about 2 inches. Any Ideas?
4" Risers. Lots of choices available out there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Riser Blocks

I added the Scootworks 2" risers which helped a lot but still needed a little more pullback. Added some home made aluminum riser blocks that gave me what I needed. Had to reroute the cables behind the triple tree. The risers are hardly noticable and did the trick for me.

Click on the pic below to see a sketch on webshots.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got 2" risers on eBay. They're exactly the same as a set you can get from Scootworks (polished aluminum), but under $15 compared to $80 - you can't beat it.

Here's what I got - I'm sure he's got more.

Here they are on my VN900 Classic LT

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I have the Phatrisers II and did reroute the cables behind the triple tree. I don't consider myself extremely mechanical, but was able to reroute without any problems. I really enjoy the ride now.

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the Genmars. Very clean and the price is right. Fast shipping as well. Easy install, find an extra set of hands.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just got 2" risers on eBay. They're exactly the same as a set you can get from Scootworks (polished aluminum), but under $15 compared to $80 - you can't beat it.

Here's what I got - I'm sure he's got more.

Here they are on my VN900 Classic LT

I saw this post earlier today and ordered a set. Anything to be aware of or any special instructions? I figure for the price they're at least worth a try.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw this post earlier today and ordered a set. Anything to be aware of or any special instructions? I figure for the price they're at least worth a try.
Very easy to install. Just take out the existing bolts, lay your handlebars somewhere safe (might want to put a towel over tank to prevent any scratches), and then insert the new, longer bolts which come with the risers and tighten it all down.

I did it by myself. In retrospect, an extra set of hands might have come in handy. Other than that, it was a piece of cake :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I should add, with these risers you don't need to lengthen or reroute your cables. There's enough slack "as-is".

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a set that I used on my bike for a while. They are about 2 1/4" tall and work real well. I made them when I was running custom bars on my classic. I could send them to you as long as you payed for the shipping. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed the Baron Custom Accessories Kickback Risers. They have 4" of rise and 1" of pullback. Most importantly, they work without any cable replacement. A perfect fit for me but I never did quite reach 6 feet in height.

·
Registered
953 Posts
just ordered the genmars for my custom yesterday, im 6 3 and feel a little hunched over. Hope this helps, any tall riders out there with these?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I got the new risers and put them on today. It took about half an hour because once I got them on, the fairing bag was bumping into the handlebars. Installation really was simple. I didn't even get any instructions in the package, just two bolts, two nuts, and two extensions.

Unfortunately, the bars slipped out of my hand in the process and I now have a small dent in the tank. I've done the research and I think I'm going to try the freezing/heating trick this weekend. We'll see how that goes. On a good note, though, I took a short ride after I got everything put together and I like the new feel. Other than that nasty incident I just described, definitely pleased so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts