Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a set of risers from ebay, the height and pullback is what I'm looking for, and they fit the bars, but the bolts to install them are too wide for the original holes. Should I try to drill out the holes in the crown to fit the bolts or look for a different set of risers that have the proper bolt diameter? What did you do?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I would not drill because making the hole would be permanent

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gee thanks guys, you all have confirmed my initial impression as well. Ah well, back in the market, although I may have found something here.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the genmar risers, and they came with bolts that fit perfectly. Only 2 inches of rise, not sure if you're looking for more

·
Registered
120 Posts
I drilled my top tree clamp out to fit the "standard" Harley size riser bolt 3 years ago. I have never had a single problem. The hole only needs to be enlarged by a small amount it is not going to effect the structural integrity of the clamp at all. Make sure you use a centering drill bit so the hole doesn't wander. I just changed out my risers to some new 2" risers from Billet Proof Designs a few days ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts