Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have instructions on how to replace the seal at the bottom of the push rod housing? The right side front lower is leaking pretty badly. I wipe it down every time I use the bike so its not spraying but I want to fix it and stop the leak. Its finally good weather so I don't want my bike down for long so I would rather have help with instructions then to go it alone and risk overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This leak is keeping me from taking any long rides. I can ride it around locally and as long as I wipe it down every time I park it I'm managing but what a pain. I can't find any videos showing this repair but I would imagine I have to remove the top of the motor to fix. I really don't want to do this. Any help would be appreciated from someone who has tackled this repair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am starting to wonder if this is not a common issue with these bikes. I am noticing that the leak looks like it could also be coming from the bottom of the motor. I can see a gasket and that could be part of the problem but its definitely coming from the front right push rod tube. Any body ever have to replace these gaskets?
I'm thinking this is a project for this winter but would love some help here.
Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts