Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that my main fuse issue has been fixed(hopefully) i'm trying to tackle a short in the right turn signal
It will intermittently fast blink and when it does then front signal is out..but in trying to find the issue, i can usually get it to quit by messing with the rear wiring trunking going to the rear signals.
Im not the best in trying to track down an electrical fault. Where should I concentrate my efforts

·
Registered
144 Posts
What you need to find is an OPEN in the wiring .... not a short .... If a light bulb of one of the turn signals is missing or burnt out, [or the connection is open] the relay flasher will flash at a fast rate. This is what my project bike was doing with the missing / broken turn signal. I'd check the front turn signal bulb contacts, and the contacts of every connector junction going back towards the main harness.

good luck and post back..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks.. My signal relay may be bad as well.. i was doing some work treying to isolate a wire and it just quit. now i dont have any blinking whotsoever.. i was working on testing it but i dont think i have done it right

1 - 3 of 3 Posts