Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting out on the parkway! Hoping all this warm weather has made the road decent out there already. I'm going to Start over by Martinsville(watching the race on Sunday) and can't make up my mind whether to go north or south! I have to end up back in Norfolk at some point!

I put on the Tsukayu strong bags for the ride.

·
Registered
114 Posts
How soon you have to back in Norfolk? A good option, from my perspective as I don't like 4-lanes, would be to ride the Parkway north until you hit U.S. Rt 60 in Amherst, then follow that east all the way home. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was guessing I was gonna find a place to stay after the race on Sunday, Ride all day Monday, get a motel, and get home at some point on Tuesday. If I got off on U.S. 60, would I be missing anything cool between there and Charlottesville?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nothing but a bunch of 4 lane. The only thing remotely interesting up through there would be the actual home place of "John Boy" Walton. Then of course Monticello at Charlottesville. Ride would be pretty boring though, might just be me though. I had to make that trip from Lynchburg everyday for work for about a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes sir. I always feel like I get to see more of the country on the 2 lanes. Not traveling so fast for one thing and not being pushed and crowded by trucks and cagers on the slabs. Check your maps, there's several routes into the Norfolk area once you come into Roanoke. Any way you go enjoy it. Wish I could tag along.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts