Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gotta make a plug for these. I wear my redwing workbooks to ride in and while comfortable, they get hot in the summer. Got a pair of these, Bilt from Cycle Gear, and LOVE them. They are comfortable, look good (esp important to some women like me :grin2:) not hot and very affordable. They come in both women's and men's sizes.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-dexter-shoes

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gotta make a plug for these. I wear my redwing workbooks to ride in and while comfortable, they get hot in the summer. Got a pair of these, Bilt from Cycle Gear, and LOVE them. They are comfortable, look good (esp important to some women like me :grin2:) not hot and very affordable. They come in both women's and men's sizes.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-dexter-shoes
is the insole removable? they look great to wear at work too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the insole is removable and I laid a gel one on top of it to snug them up (I have narrow feet). They do run a little large. I wear a 9.5 and these are 9's.

·
Registered
245 Posts
..... comfortable, look good (esp important to some women like me :grin2:) not hot and very affordable......
Don't put yourself down, I think you're hot.:devil2:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Personally, I wear a pair of military jungle boots that I got from the USAF back in '74 at Kadena AB, Okinawa.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wear a pair of A-stars Ridge 2 Air ventilated (not WP) velcro on the side boots that have a little pad on the toes for the shifter. They work great, good air flow & easy off & on.
They were $100 on Revzilla but they have that CE rating and are comfy. They're not super stylish though, they look kind of boxy like something you'd wear in a hospital.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a combination of Dr. Marten 1460 and Sidi motorcycle boots. If you look around, the Docs can be cheap. The especially bright ones and one of the black pair cost me $50 each - less than half the regular price. I'm not so sure about polyester as a riding boot.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the TCX Hero WP boots in black, and I really like them. Very comfortable, leather, side zipper, waterproof and I like the way they look. They were more than I wanted to spend but my local Cyclegear shop had very few options that I liked in my size. I'd wait for a sale to buy them though

Attachments

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I also have TCX boots going on 3 years now that I love. Similar to these but waterproof, but it doesn't look like they're made anymore.

Next time I find something I like, I need to buy two, just so I have them around for longer!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I didn't have a whole lot of choice with size 15 feet.
I bought a pair of Forma Voyage boots and went slightly larger with size 50 Euro without trying them on first.
They were the only maker that did that size in a normal sort of boot. Everything else was full blown Motorcross or Adventure style that doesnt suit my commuter needs.
I can wear my jeans over the top or tuck them in when it's raining. I've been wearing them every day for 4 years and can't fault them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went to my local CG store (40 mins away which turned out to be a really fun ride there) and checked the Bilt and other brands of boots. Ended up buying the Dexter, not only because I really liked the style, but because they didn't have any other size 14 boots in store... My custom insole fits fine (takes a wile to get it in there but that's just part of the fun) and it feels great wearing them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you ever heard of Roame? If not check them out! Really comfortable, even to walk around in, and they integrate into the lighting of your bike. Turn signals and brakes. For turns, the whole base flashes yellow. For brakes, the bank lights up red. I donated to the Kickstarter years ago and they sent me a set. I absolutely love them. Not waterproof but definitely gets people's attention! They've now expanded and have a store. They're also on Facebook.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Those Bilt shoes aren't riding boots, they're sneakers. I've worn sneakers many times on my bike so I get the wanting to be comfortable thing. Too bad they don't have even a minimal amount of ankle support.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts