Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I ride with a group of four other couples and our annual trip is planned for northern Wisconsin this July. We are trailing our bikes to a rental house in the Hayward area for a week and will take day trips around the Upper Peninsula of Wisconsin. I haven't been in this part of the country before and want to make this bucket list as memorable as previous trips to Colorado, Montana, & North Carolina. Please give me any suggestions and comments on what is good, bad, and great. Thanx.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1. Ride up to Cornucopia and around to Bayfield, very nice ride. if you like to hike or kayak, there are some nice spots in those areas. 2. ride up to Copper Harbor Michigan, very beautiful ride. If it is a nice day, go to Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Mtns on the way. 3. Ride around the St. Germain, Rhinelander and Eagle River area. Note that County roads in Wisconsin are almost always paved, so don't be afraid to ride those. Usually less traffic and scenic.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,858 Posts
A summer ride in Wiscansin. That would be a nice ride.

Reactions: Glen!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Me & my buddy just got back from a trip from Phila. PA to visit his sister in Plover, Wisconsin. Beautiful country up there in Michigan , U/P of Michigan & Wisconsin. Ended up coming back across Lake Michigan on the ferry fo4 hours instead of going all the way back across the top of the lake. The water was a really nice blue color also. Took a week ride 2700 miles on my 11 Vaquero. Lil [email protected] $300.in fuel running between 89/91 octane in her..

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the Pics, We'll heading up there in a few days from Missouri. Not as ambitious as you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are finally heading to the Hayward Wisconsin area this weekend. Planning rides to Bayfield and might take the ferry to Madeline Island. Also planning to ride up to Thunder Bay Canada and make it an overnight trip, possibly ride over to Kakabeka Falls. Considering making the trip to Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Mountains as you suggested. Thank you for the advice Mike T

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why I Love Wisconsin

A summer ride in Wiscansin. That would be a nice ride.
I live in Green Bay, and get to ride Wisconsin whenever I want. This weekend I'm heading up to Bayfield with friends and then an entire week in the Eagle River area. Lots of great curvy back roads to enjoy. Just watch out for them damn Bambi! Ont bolted across HWY 49 in front of me just this past Sunday afternoon, bright sun, good thing it was easy to see and only headed in one direction.

·
2,858 Posts
I live in Green Bay, and get to ride Wisconsin whenever I want. This weekend I'm heading up to Bayfield with friends and then an entire week in the Eagle River area. Lots of great curvy back roads to enjoy. Just watch out for them damn Bambi! Ont bolted across HWY 49 in front of me just this past Sunday afternoon, bright sun, good thing it was easy to see and only headed in one direction.
Dude! Been a Packer fan since I was a kid.

·
Registered
287 Posts
DUDE! I can walk to Lambeau from my house! When I go to games I usually walk (cause I'm too cheap to pay $20 for parking). Brett Farve at one time lived about four blocks from my place. The Stadium District is building up with all kinds of cool family activities, great local breweries and food, all kinds of cool events. The west side of Green Bay is a great place to live. Five minutes from my house I'm out in farm land and riding wide open areas. My kinda living.

·
2,858 Posts
Then Andy your my new best friend! Get the spare room ready.?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts