Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I gotta know from the ape hanger crowd how you all deal with your sleeves riding up your arms with your apes pushed forward. I like the look, but hate the fact the jacket sleeves ride up my arm. They almost inhibit turning to some degree. I ride a 900 LT and having the apes pushed forward gives my long arms more room and makes the bike feel less cramped. The sleeves are fine if the bars are pulled back some.

I've been considering get the jacket altered anyways because it's too big and I paid too much to just buy another one. Plus, one of the sleeves is a bit shorter than the other. I was thinking about getting cuffs with snaps added on to help cover up my wrists.

Anyways, just curious how other riders deal with this. Thx.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How tall are your bars?
I have 12" with stock risers and have no troubles, however my arms aren't really above my shoulders and I have a riding jacket that fits

A quick easy, probably temporary, solution would be to use some Velcro straps around the wrists of the jacket to hold the sleeves in place

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How tall are your bars?
I have 12" with stock risers and have no troubles, however my arms aren't really above my shoulders and I have a riding jacket that fits

A quick easy, probably temporary, solution would be to use some Velcro straps around the wrists of the jacket to hold the sleeves in place
I'm 6'2" with 38" arms up to the wrists. The bike has, I think, 12" apes on 2" pull-back risers. This puts my hands at about shoulder height.The jacket sleeves are fine with my arms at my sides with them extending passed the wrists.

I usually have to get larger jackets just for the extra sleeve length.

·
Registered
673 Posts
How about longer gauntlet gloves?

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Just because a jacket was expensive does not make it a good jacket that is right for you. Your solution is simple. Do I have to say it?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Just because a jacket was expensive does not make it a good jacket that is right for you. Your solution is simple. Do I have to say it?
Money can make a lot of things simple...
And why wouldn't you say "buy a different one"?

If the jacket offers good protection; there's a lot of sense in trying to make it work. Unless of course you can throw around cash like the Rockefellers.

I tend to have the opposite problem. Jacket sleeves are fine when on the bike or working; but hang past my wrists and rest on my knuckles when my arms are at my side.
I'm guessing with the current temps it's a textile/mesh jacket.
If you know a good tailor that can do the work and make it look good that's how I would address it.

If it's leather then gauntlet gloves like Rider50 suggests would be great.

Scott

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Money can make a lot of things simple...
And why wouldn't you say "buy a different one"?

If the jacket offers good protection; there's a lot of sense in trying to make it work. Unless of course you can throw around cash like the Rockefellers.

I tend to have the opposite problem. Jacket sleeves are fine when on the bike or working; but hang past my wrists and rest on my knuckles when my arms are at my side.
I'm guessing with the current temps it's a textile/mesh jacket.
If you know a good tailor that can do the work and make it look good that's how I would address it.

If it's leather then gauntlet gloves like Rider50 suggests would be great.

Scott
Yeah you're right of course. Wasn't being much help was I? I can be a dick sometimes. I do apologize!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ok, I gotta know from the ape hanger crowd how you all deal with your sleeves riding up your arms with your apes pushed forward. I like the look, but hate the fact the jacket sleeves ride up my arm. They almost inhibit turning to some degree. I ride a 900 LT and having the apes pushed forward gives my long arms more room and makes the bike feel less cramped. The sleeves are fine if the bars are pulled back some.

I've been considering get the jacket altered anyways because it's too big and I paid too much to just buy another one. Plus, one of the sleeves is a bit shorter than the other. I was thinking about getting cuffs with snaps added on to help cover up my wrists.

Anyways, just curious how other riders deal with this. Thx.
I like the longer sleeves, If they hang down far enough they keep my knuckles from getting scraped up when walking LOL:wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts