Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday the 2nd, we doubled up on the wife's VN 900 Classic LT, rode nothing but backroads from near Johnson City,TN up top of the Blue Ridge Parkway north of Asheville, NC.
The church is located in the very rural community of Kona, NC alongside NC80, a road you've just GOT to add to your bucket list.
What appears to be just a pic of an overcast sky is actually looking into the cloud which prevents you from seeing the adjoining mountain peak BEHIND the cloud.
Glassmine Falls: taken on the way DOWN from Mt. Mitchell, the highest elevation east of the Mississippi River.
We exited the Parkway near Weaverville, had to don the rainsuits for half an hour or so on the ride back
Even on overcast days, this area has a LOT of simply beautiful scenery to enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I rode through clouds of dirt yesterday. Does that count?

Thanks for the pictures. I love it up there. So many places I want to go (back) to.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, the LAST time I rode through clouds of dirt was WAAAAY back in my youth when racing in Hare Scrambles on my 1981 Honda XR 200, which I still own.
We took lots of pics, too many to upload here.
Sure wish we had something more than just this 1 bedroom home in east Tn, we'd love to be able to put up riders for a few nights while we're up here from our MS home.
When can we expect to see your mug in the mountains? Your free lunch awaits you

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks for the offer! There's been a lot of talk and some planning, but minimal action on any trips. Lots of things up for discussion: Ozarks, Smokies, Natchez Trace fall trip, partial TAT spring trip...

I just have to work any trip plans around the college football schedule. Gotta have your priorities.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we also live near the south end of the Natchez Trace.
If you want pics of any east TN / western NC locations, just holler, we usually pass 'em all sooner or later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts