Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm in. Give me a bit to set up an account, I've been doing all of my Facebook on the wife's account.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Interesting. I'm trying to create a new yahoo e-mail account to handle all of the new Facebook traffic that springs up because of this riding group.

Neither Yahoo nor Facebook are allowing me to make new accounts. Yahoo says "Too many errors, try again later" and Facebook says "There was an error". I am quite sure there are no errors on my part.

It'll happen though, so I'm in. Just having temporary difficulties.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m a member of the Facebook group but am a bit far away to participate in their weekly activities.
Thats ok.it's still a work in progress..there's some participants close by but not much enthusiasm as of yet..I think some people expect to make friends instantly but when they don't..they start losing interest..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Could be. I think we are a very impatient these days too. If we try to put together a ride and it doesn’t pan out in the first two tries, then we quit trying.

I’m going to do an ear shave on my bike soon so I will be out of commission for a while.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm at a complete stop in regards to getting my new Facebook account working. They say they have sent a needed six digit code to my phone but this has not, in fact, happened. Facebook is pissing me off to no end!!!!

I'm still interested in seeing what the group has to offer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm at a complete stop in regards to getting my new Facebook account working. They say they have sent a needed six digit code to my phone but this has not, in fact, happened. Facebook is pissing me off to no end!!!!

I'm still interested in seeing what the group has to offer.
just use yer ol'ladies facebook just look up Columbia river vulcan riders in group page. There's no email generated by doing so. I use my wifes facebook

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I finally gave up on that Facebook account and made another one. I am now joined into the club and Facebook functioning.

This account will be exclusively associated with motorcycle stuff and all of my family can use the wife's account, since its mostly me that uses that one anyway.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Oh well, back to being dead in the water, Facebook-wise.

After using the account for a whole day I had the fun of interacting with a few folks in the group and enjoyed myself. I'll like that group. But, once again, Facebook says that they require a clear picture of my face so they can use their facial recognition program in some way to assure that its not someone else using my account. Its for security they say.

Well, I do not have any picture of me at all. Add to that, that I do not want them to have a clear picture of my face and that even if I did send them one, it would be the first so there's nothing for them to compare it to anyway.

When I put info into my profile I had used a pic of my bike in the driveway. So I sent them the exact same pic. This must be confusing them because that was two days ago and they are still "reviewing" it. In the meantime I am not allowed to use my account. This is in the interest of my security.

I can't stand Facebook.

Since all transactions with the riding group appear to happen through Facebook, I guess its out for me unless and until Facebook stops screwing around.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I don't know what to think about it, having no Facebook experience myself. The wife's account was setup by my daughter.

Now they're telling me that the account (second one) is dis-abled and provided me a chance to explain why I think this is done in error. Which I did. In detail. AND I explained the issue with the first account.

They said that I should be getting an e-mail shortly.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
For those that are Facebook-challenged, there is a subsection in the Vulcan Riders Forum devoted to this specific chapter.

Its almost all the way down towards the bottom. This link will get you to the VRA forum main page.

VRA USA Forums - Vulcan Riders Association

Since the chapter is new, there's not much activity so far in the forum. Also, Facebook is definitely where the lion's share (probably 99%) of interactions takes place, there at the chapter's Facebook site. But at least this is an alternative place to go.

Only time will tell how effective the VRA forum section will be. Since Facebook and I don't seem to get along the VRA forum and whatever mentions THIS forum gets is my only way to semi-contact people there and get information about upcoming events.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts