Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at some new leathers , who here wears their riding leather all the time on/off the bike in fall/winter. Currently wearing this:

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wear mine pretty much always when I'm riding in the fall and spring and I sometimes wear it in the summer as well. It depends on the weather and were and how far I'm going. I just zip out the liner when it's warm out.

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
Nice jacket!

I wear leather anytime I'm riding. I wear a leather 'shirt', leather pants, gloves and high boots. Sometimes I also wear a leather vest and/or leather chaps. The shirt is more like a lightweight leather jacket which makes it a lot more comfortable to wear when it's hot. When it's cold I switch to a leather jacket with a vest and chaps for add insulation.

Leather is the best thing to have on if you go down. However the cool factor cannot be understated!

ATGATT

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just got a BiLT typhoon 3/4 coat on closeout for $80 at the store . While it is not as good as the Kilimanjaro I wore out, it is at least the equal of the Joe Rocket Ballistic I wore out before that one. I don't know if I'm violating any rules here, but at that price it's hard to beat and I had it up in the snow. It really keeps the wind out and the warm in. It isn't leather though, but it claims to be waterproof ( yeah sure, lol).

·
Registered
175 Posts
this time, i deliberately avoided looking like i just walked off the set from the lords of flatbush.
i have a joe rocket mesh jacket with all kinds of armor, vents, an alleged waterproof liner, and a thermal layer under that. all removable and interchangeable. it has adjustment stays all over the place, and fits like it was made only for me. i have a couple pairs of kevlar jeans. i have some unknown brand of gloves with armored knuckles and gel padded palms. my boots are just composite toe work boots, that i don't wear at work, so they will continue to look decent. i don't wear my gear off the bike, but i easily could.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts