Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am planning a serious of trips on my 500 that will run 2 days to 2 weeks. I got my bike last year but put off any long distance riding until I felt comfortable enough. So this whole time I have just been riding locally and different types of roads and areas.

Anyway, as I start to prepare I am looking into a jacket and riding pants. I would like something that first and foremost will protect me and then after that I need something comfortable and water proof. I will be wearing the gear over my everyday clothes like shorts/jeans and a t-shirt.

Can anyone recommend some gear? Or stores to check out? Leather seems like it would be too hot but I wouldn't mind a leather jacked and synthetic pants.

thanks all

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a pair of joe rocket ballistic pants that have a removable water proof lining that I like. I haven't worn them yet in the summer, but I have some draggin' jeans with knee and hip armor for when it's really hot outside.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Don't discount leather too quick. If built right, they can be quite comfy even in hot weather.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I've had good luck at some of the big on-line stores (like Cycle Gear or Motorcycle Superstore) reading reviews of the products.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
TourMaster Overpants are really good. Comfortable in all weather, hot or cold, and very weather proof. (Below 40 or so you'll want a thermal layer underneath though)

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Gear

TourMaster Overpants are really good. Comfortable in all weather, hot or cold, and very weather proof. (Below 40 or so you'll want a thermal layer underneath though)
These also get my vote. I also have two tourmaster jackets. One is solid with a liner the other is a three piece. Solid / weatherproof outer cover, inner jacket is mesh (also has the pads in it), and it comes with an insulated liner. I wear all three togther when it gets about 40f. A little bulky, but with everything zippering together it stays in place and adds several protected pockets. Tourmaster makes good stuff. Not cheap, but durable and functional. JMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts