Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding my 900 classic now for over 3 months and love it. I ride around town, and I've taken some longer rides on some back roads, but ride by myself. My wife isn't too into it and my daughter is only good for so long.

I've been looking at local riding clubs for some organized rides. Do any of you belong to riding clubs? If so, what are your experiences? Please post their websites so I can compare them to different groups that I am looking into.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I recently joined the Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC). They have a nice forum and I rode with some of the guys for the first time on Saturday. They were great guys and it was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently joined the Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC). They have a nice forum and I rode with some of the guys for the first time on Saturday. They were great guys and it was a lot of fun.
Is there a chapter near you, or did you just contact each other via the members list?

·
Registered
242 Posts
We just contacted each other in the NorthCal Forum on their website. I don't see a FL forum, but they may have their own website like Texas does.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Try going to meetup.com and run a seach for your area for motorcycle clubs. That's how I found the group I ride with now. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Riders clubs now there's a term thats new to me, over here in South Africa all bike clubs are known as that or rather MCC or MC i ride for Crazy Horse MC.
I used to be President/Prez of Brothers By Blood MCC. But was scouted by Crazy Horse MC. I am the only club member ever to walk in as a full patch member.
We ride together a s often as possible and really enjoy each others company, we are friendly to most local clubs and pretty much accepted where ever we fly our colours

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey There Kray

Thanks for the headsup, it's interesting to see the differences thats for sure, so one thing that stood out was RC's don't really have club business to discuss i can understand that the colours are bought so i take it there is not really a strong allegiance to the club?
So if you want up and walk then you do?
how are the clubs/club houses and such maintained financially if no club business is discussed?
Please excuse me asking i'm not prying here, just trying to get a better understanding of the concept.
Over here club bussiness is club bussiness and everyone is very protective over the club colours and it's members including our strikers/prospects
I'm thinking RC's would be a good thing here as well, it would get more people actively riding.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never having been a memeber of an MC or RC, I can tell you that the RC's that I've looked into seem to meet in resturants or public places. One RC has a BBQ once a month at the local dealer and is paid for by the dealer. Discounts are given that day to RC members for the purchase of accessories, parts, etc. From what I can tell, the meetings are about organizing rides (and meals). Most do some charity fund raising (there's a big toy drive down here every December). Membership seems to be some nominal amount every year and for that, you get a t-shirt or patch. I'm going to a meeting tonight just to scope things out before I join. I'll report back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts