Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I wear the HD Brake Light series, with a 5 oz. miracle insert in the bottom. Once they broke in, they're DURN comfy, and they've survived many miles of walking and SnOMG 2011 here in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
When the weather's warm I wear a pair of leather engineer boots that I got at a ranch store on clearance like 5 years ago. I don't even know the brand name. When the weather's cold I have a pair of Herman Survivors from Walmart with composite safety toe and 600 grams of Thinsulate. These are actually bulkier than I like, but at least my toes are warm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I randomly purchased a pair of Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company boots off the internet. I have the 'Road Captain' model. I like the ez on/off zipper. I have to say they are the most comfortable boots I ever put on my feet - even right out of the box. And after a few weeks they just got better. I've had them six months and put a couple thousand miles on them. They show very little wear. I don't know how long these will last but I plan to buy a different model from the same maker because I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Don't scrimp on footwear! I've got a couple pairs of cheap(ish) boots that look great & just sit in my closet. I've got a pair of Carolina logger boots that look bitchin', but man, are they HEAVY!

My main boots are Danner Strikers. $180 & worth every penny. When I need new ones I'll either get more Danners or look at Red Wings.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got two pair I've been wearing and replacing the soles on. My favorite Frye engineer boots are great because they slide on and off so easily. I wear my Smith's construction work boots when conditions might get a bit messy outside. There are more options than you can count but I'm always comfortable in a pair of slip-resistant workboots. Just don't get anything too clunky with any kind of really thick sole.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wear military boots (black ones) once you get them broke in they are more comfortable than tennis shoes and a lot more protection.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Whatever you get, they should be some nice heavy leather at least past your ankles and some durable soles. Not to be crude, but you can't imagine how many motorcycle accident pics I've seen where the rider lost his shoes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love my Dainese Nighthawks's. Comfy and look great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts