Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be riding wed 8/12/15 8am meet at bagle boss 400 wills ave zip 11577 x37 l.i.e. Or x28 northern state pkwy. Get off x ride south b.b. Will be on left less than hafe mile from x there is a gas station about a block away on rigth.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wednesday and Friday rides? i'm jealous....some of us have to work, ya know?

My time is rapidly approaching...should be retired by April '16.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. New member from Long Island. I usually take day trips on Saturdays to eastern Long Island and the Hudson Valley. I'd be happy to meet-up and ride together. Jake.

·
Registered
239 Posts
my favorites include some great back roads out east, within the townships of Southampton and Easthampton.

I avoid Montauk Highway like the plague....

even been to Napeague?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Never been there. But I frequently ride to montauk in the off season and to sag harbor. The sag harbor, shelter island, greenport run is nice on hot summer days - midweek.

·
Registered
239 Posts
how 'bout Gin Lane, Southampton...the monster mansions along the ocean...ends at Shinnecock East County Park

a real nice ride, leaving in about an hour for that

We'll get out (with some advance notice) soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry I missed your post. The next time I get out will probably be 4/30. If that day is good for you, let me know and we can plan a ride.

·
Registered
239 Posts
matter of fact did Napeague yesterday...desolate and actually brisk out there. Made for a nice midweek solo run on my VFR....back roads empty.

I call that destination the "end of the road", makes sense, eh?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm planning to ride to westhampton beach and then take dune Rd to shinnecock inlet and return via Rt 27 on Thursday (depending on weather forecast). I'm available to meet anywhere on the LIE between exits 43 and 70. I plan to leave at 9 from exit 43 when the traffic is reduced.

·
Registered
239 Posts
OK Jake, i'm east of you, is the Park and Ride LIE exit 61
(parking lot on the north side, near the Mobil Station)

would 10-10:15 AM be ok there? I'll be on my Ducati (avatar)

I'll PM my cell # for any last minute changes

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is fine. Is the Park and Ride on the East side of Patchogue-Holbrook Rd?
I'll be riding a Nomad and wearing a Hi-Vis vest. I'll PM my cell as well. C u in the am.

·
Registered
35 Posts
NYC/LI Vulcan Riders, Chapter 1-69 has a meeting scheduled for Thursday 5/12/16 @ 730 at the Hooters in Farmingdale, NY.

If you're not too busy, come out an meet the group.
(all riders welcome, Vulcan not required)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts