Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if there are any riders taller then 6 feet who are riding the Vulcan 900's and if it is a comfortable ride. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Hi I was wondering if there are any riders taller then 6 feet who are riding the Vulcan 900's and if it is a comfortable ride. Thanks.
I'm 6'3", 250 lbs, and ride the 900 Custom. It fits me well, and I've put in some long days! The forward controls (which can be moved even farther forward, if needed) help greatly. The only change I'm really considering is in the handlebar area, and it's really more personal preference than a fix to any true discomfort.

I've tried some test rides on the 900 Classic, and the floorboards with heel/toe shifter just don't work out for my size 12's, but those can be changed to pegs too if ya like the Classic look a bit more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 6'3", 250 lbs, and ride the 900 Custom. It fits me well, and I've put in some long days! The forward controls (which can be moved even farther forward, if needed) help greatly. The only change I'm really considering is in the handlebar area, and it's really more personal preference than a fix to any true discomfort.

I've tried some test rides on the 900 Classic, and the floorboards with heel/toe shifter just don't work out for my size 12's, but those can be changed to pegs too if ya like the Classic look a bit more.
Interesting... Thank you very much for your input it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
711 Posts
For your size the 900 Custom will fit you better than most due to the forward controls are extended already and if not enough then you can buy aftermarket ones to extend even further. As long as between you and your passanger have a combined weight of under 400 pounds then you'll be good in the power region.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For your size the 900 Custom will fit you better than most due to the forward controls are extended already and if not enough then you can buy aftermarket ones to extend even further. As long as between you and your passanger have a combined weight of under 400 pounds then you'll be good in the power region.
I'm about 6'1" and 200 pounds. I had a few friends point towards the Yamaha Raider and a Suzuki bike, but I just can't stop looking at the Vulcans. So I am very grateful for the input..

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm 6'1 220lbs I love how my 2010 Custom SE rides and handles. I was more a standard bike rider (KZs) this is my first cruiser.

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Fellas....
For me, I am a big guy, 310# 6'2", and ride an 08 LT, love the floorboards and the Mustang seat. Butt still gets tired towards the end of riding all day, but it does get better with every ride. My size 12's do get in the way sometimes too, but just put up with it. I do have some cheaper highway pegs on "THE UNIT", but will upgrade to some Kuri pegs this winter/spring to get a more comfy ride next season. My 2 cents worth!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm 6'1 210lbs and I like my 900 custom. the leg room is comfy and I don't have any back problems. only thing I don't like is the numb ass after at least 2 hours of constant riding

·
Registered
976 Posts
6'2", 290 currently (was 265 when I bought the bike, been a bad 3 years) and size 15 boots.

Cobra Engine Guard with Kury highway pegs, gate latch heel rests on the front bolt holes of the floorboards. Did my 1000/1500 mile ride with the stock seat that had been Spencorized at greatdaytoride.com but now have a Mustang with backrest. Did 16 hour day on the bike last year followed by 6 hours the next and 12 hours back the last day. It'll just go and go and go.

Wish I could get the weight to go and go and go. Back on the treadmill, 2nd day this week. Cut back on the intake. I did get to 290 overnight, too bad it won't go away overnight.

·
Registered
427 Posts
6'1" and 195 pounds, and the 900 feels great. I've even got the Mustang seat that pushes you forward an inch or so (and also raises you about an inch :) ), and it still feels great.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Wide loads

6'1" 275lbs. I ride both a V2K and the 900C and find them similar in seating and leg comfort. I was going to push the controls out a bit further, but my kids and my little bro sometimes ride the 900 as well so I left them where they were. I put a Saddlemen Solo seat on to drop me into the bike a bit more and I am looking at the 7 deg rake kit for a showier stance. The only problem I had with the 900 is trying to find a preload setting that works on the roads we have around here. We have to alternate between potholes on the freeway that grab the whole front tire and new pavement that begs for speed...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
6'-1" and 275 myself, GF is a tad over 140 and haven't had any issues with power or stopping with her on. She hated the stock seat and loves the Mustang seat, but it does push me forward and up a tad than stock, a little different but not uncomfortable. I'm putting Metzeler ME 880's in 90/90-21 on the front and 200/70-15 in the rear this weekend. At the same time I will also install a SuperBrace on the front fork. Neighborhood M/C garage mechanic suggested it as a major complaint from Harley and Victory riders with the narrow 21" front tire is nervous tracking (really follows grooves or imperfections in the pavement) especially with "stock" tires. I have read a lot of posts complaining about the stock Dunlops and this guy claims for whatever reason they're even worse on metric cruisers like the 900 Custom. Kawasaki had to save some money somewhere, I guess. So I'm upgrading the tires and adding the brace. And in all honesty, the tracking isn't really awful, but it doesn't instill confidence, especially 2 up. I didn't notice it as much with a 900LT when I did test rides a few years back. The LT has a wider front tire on a smaller rim but supposedly the contact patch of the front tires on the Custom or LT is the same, narrow and longer on the Custom versus a wider and more square on the LT. I just liked the look of the Custom so much more than the LT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts