Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out and rode for a couple of hours.Which is rare in pittsburgh in January. But it was64 degrees here today. felt great to get out

·
Registered
256 Posts
I envy you, it was 50 here in nyc but so cloudy you didn't want to take the chance on getting caught in rain, and as you know it, it didn't rain even though it looked like it. if i would of road than you can bet it would of rained

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Rare cold snap for So. Cal. 57 degrees, but we got out anyway, bundled up and had a great ride. Even found an Antique shop that was once a public bath house (about 100 years ago) that operated solely on geo-thermal mineral springs. Still does today, for there hot water. They have one of the baths in it's original state, pertty cool.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hit 71 on Sunday here in the burgh! Got out for 3 hrs. in a t-shirt! In Janurary! Man, if only it would stay this way until april!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'd kill for 57 degrees. Would love to get in another decent ride or two. When we went for our last bike trip, it didn't get much warmer than that for quite a lot of it, since it went all the way to panhandle Idaho. And that was four months ago.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Temps in the 50-60 would be alot nicer than the 25-50° wheather ive been riding in. The last few weeks were in the low 20s on my early morning commute and low 50s on my ride home. still would rather i rode my 9 instead of drive my cage. hot or cold, rain or shine in riding!
ride safe my friends.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Temps in the 50-60 would be alot nicer than the 25-50° wheather ive been riding in. The last few weeks were in the low 20s on my early morning commute and low 50s on my ride home. still would rather i rode my 9 instead of drive my cage. hot or cold, rain or shine in riding!
ride safe my friends.
You have my respect.... ;) Add the wind chill factor to our cold mornings and you have a wild ride. Do you use heated gear? I can do okay in the cold, but my face is frozen, even with a fairing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts