Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We rode up to about 10,000 ft. today so i thought i would attempt to post a couple of pics. Its not everyday you see 3 V2Ks on the road together . There is also a Screamin Eagle HD in the pics as well ( sorry ) it was a great ride though we did hit some rain near the top. The highest elevation of this Volcano is about 12,500 ft. it seems to have its own weather system, at the base its bright and sunny & 90 degrees and as you ascend it starts clouding up and cooled down to 50 where we turned around. The pic at the right is from about 5 miles away and it was just starting to cloud up hope you can get an idea of how big it is. The ride was about 60 miles of twistys each way. Bulldozer

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
scenic

Dozer, fantastic scenery!!! looks like a fun ride too. I presume that the first pic was merely a courtesy , letting the H-D in front? Or did you have him there so you wouldnt have to retrace ur steps to rescue him??
Sorry ,to quote Larry the cable guy, "lord,I pologise for that" !

all kidding aside, it looks like a wonderful place !!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dozer, fantastic scenery!!! looks like a fun ride too. I presume that the first pic was merely a courtesy , letting the H-D in front? Or did you have him there so you wouldnt have to retrace ur steps to rescue him??
Sorry ,to quote Larry the cable guy, "lord,I pologise for that" !

all kidding aside, it looks like a wonderful place !!
We actually found him on the side of the road he was checking for new oil leaks !!! He also travels with a support vehicle , bike trailer, mechanic, supply of parts and tools, and to think he could have bought 3 V2Ks for what he paid for his HD .... Bulldozer, was that guy really serious about his exhaust question on my thread ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
We actually found him on the side of the road he was checking for new oil leaks !!! He also travels with a support vehicle , bike trailer, mechanic, supply of parts and tools, and to think he could have bought 3 V2Ks for what he paid for his HD .... Bulldozer, was that guy really serious about his exhaust question on my thread ?
So the burning question in my mind, did He feel intimidated ?? or merely outnumbered lol

guy with pipe ? , looks like twas his FIRST post, he will learn

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Man Bulldozer,

You make me want to move there! I live in new england and it sucks bad!
Thank you for the pics. So there is definatly a better way :)
I could actually post 1000s of pics from here but im afraid the entire population of the NE would move down... Lunch thats a BIG meal is $2 everything here is cost 1/2 what it does in the US except gas.. Great roads , nice people and very safe for all.... Bulldozer, livin the dream > isnt this a pic from your neck of the woods????

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the burning question in my mind, did He feel intimidated ?? or merely outnumbered lol

One thing for sure its like riding next to a guy on a mini bike, not to mention he is 6 ft 4 in tall and his knees are bruised from hitting the handle bars every-time he turns a corner.... Bulldozer , gotta love the Beast...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I could actually post 1000s of pics from here but im afraid the entire population of the NE would move down... Lunch thats a BIG meal is $2 everything here is cost 1/2 what it does in the US except gas.. Great roads , nice people and very safe for all.... Bulldozer, livin the dream > isnt this a pic from your neck of the woods????
Ha ha, That is to funny!

Not quite that bad as that picture but this year it was close. We just got over 4" of rain, 45 degrees and it melted about 3' of snow. Can you say flooded basement?

Enjoy your dream! :cool:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Bull,

Know what you mean about the WX. We traveled to the the top of Irazu (CR). Was sunny and warm at the start, cold, misty and windy at the top. Funny, I got out of the turista bus and lit a cigarette for the last short walk to the top. Took about ten steps and put it out in favor of oxygen ;)

Woody

1 - 10 of 10 Posts