Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Can't do it. I have started my life as the father of a youth league soccer player. So my Saturdays will be tied up for another month or so.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What roads did you have in mind, Mark? It's supposed to be in the low- to mid-sixties this weekend around here, but sunny all weekend.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was already contemplating getting out for a ride either Saturday or Sunday, possibly riding the Cherohalla. I'm about a two hour ride from Tellico Plains. If you wanted to ride the Cherohalla Saturday, I may be able to meet you there in Tellico Plains sometime late Saturday morning. Maybe ride East on the Cherohalla and then back up and West through the Dragon and then across the Foothills Parkway. Google Maps is showing the route from Tellico Plains to Robbinsville to Walland to be just over 100 miles. I'm open to other suggestions as well, though.

Just remembered where you were. It would probably easier/more logical if we began in Walland and rode the Foothills Parkway to the Dragon to Robbinsville and then across the Cherohalla to Tellico Plains. Same distance either way, so I don't mind which way we go.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Saturday and also trying to get a few other people I know out to ride that day. I don't think they'll be able to go. The forecast is showing afternoon temps in the low 60s and below 40 at the start of the day. Would you be opposed to setting off on the route around 11 or 12 so that it's warmed up a little bit?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Coming south from Maryville on 321, the BP gas station is right around a mile before the Foothills turn-off and it (the BP) will be on your left.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm about 45 minutes west of Knoxville in Wartburg. If you're familiar with where Oak Ridge is, I'm even further west than there.

I'll be coming through Alcoa and Maryville. Maybe it would be easier to meet in either of those two towns at a place easier to find than the BP in Walland. Will way will you be coming from?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know where Walland is, even went down in a cave near there ! The wife and I are coming down from around Johnson City, debating on getting on the interstate or taking the backroads south. The north end of the foothills is fine, just trying to gauge how long it's gonna take to get there. Wearing my long johns !!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you decide how you'll be traveling? If you're going through Maryville first, we can stop somewhere there and go over the route a time or two, grab a cup of coffee, etc. before heading out.

I'm thinking a decent time to meet would be around noon. I know I won't want to get out and ride in below-40 degree coldness for a couple hours. Even with leathers, that'll be a bit chilly.

I'll message you my phone number.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts