Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seeing the weather is brilliant atmo in the UK decided to take out otherhalf on back of bike for first time. Bit nervous as bike only has 130miles on clock but I'm taking it steady. Did about 100miles, handles OK with two on, bit soft on rear to what I'm use to but that are on quite basic budget setup. The delvik exhaust makes some character noises especially on over run, reminds me of my tt quattro as that also sounds loud on over run. I'm looking at fitting bigger front sprocket as I find gearing low and have booster plug on its way to calm the exhaust pop a bit. To say iv come from owning sports bikes for 30years + I'm finding the vulcan good fun even if the power is lower and two cylinders less.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You can increase the preload on the rear shock which I highly recommend especially with 2 riders. Position 2 is way too soft. I have mine on 4 and I am only a single rider.

Good Luck with your bike! Great to see that the weather is nice in Jolly old England. :wink2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preload is one below max, I'm surprised in this day and age they haven't made the rebound adjustable. Iv fitted front Preload adjusters that seem to work well.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Preload is one below max, I'm surprised in this day and age they haven't made the rebound adjustable. Iv fitted front Preload adjusters that seem to work well.
The bike is an economical type motorcycle. To keep the price down they had to cut corners somewhere. It is definitely under dampened and under sprung but at this price point it is to be expected. They do make an aftermarket rear shock for the bike but it is a bit pricey. The one I know off is made by Hagon and is made overseas. With shipping it is well over $400 Dollars.
https://www.wrs.it/en/shock-absorbers/79550-43219-rear-shock-absorber-hagon-kawasaki-650-650-vulcan-s-2014---2015.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be curious to see the price difference in a new designed stock shocker to let's say one that's allready available on another produced bike, plenty of mono shock bikes out there that they already have produced. Hagon are expensive, just because it's advertised as a upgrade they also seem to charge for the name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts