Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any good with part numbers? For my build I've discovered that part of the frame is slightly damaged - I'd rather replace this part but of course, it's not easy to find. I'm looking for the right-hand frame rail. I've found that there are two part numbers listed - I thought that the frames were all exactly the same but perhaps I'm wrong? (I know the LH tube was changed to relocate the side stand mount but I didn't think there were any changes made to the RH tube - for those of you that have changed hte LH tube for the side stand reason, did you have to change the RH tube as well? Meaning my question is can I use the earlier type LH tube with a later type RH?)
Anyway, part numbers I found are : Part number 31064-0004 or Part number 31064-012018R.
Does anyone know what the difference is? Thanks!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,917 Posts
i also had not heard of the right side being changed.

but.. your getting into an area where probably nobody else has ever gone before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I rather think I'm in uncharted waters with this question. I'm tempted to just live with the tube I have at the moment - it's slightly bent but I'm sure it can be straightened, I'll get the whole frame tested on a jig fir peace of mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know all about the right frame tube. I crashed my 2004 and bent it pretty bad. Took a lot of searching but finally found on on Ebay from Sun City in Florida. I got one from a 2006 and it fit perfectly but the bracket for the rear brake reservoir changed and now I have to buy a new reservoir and the chrome cover. I saved quite a bit compared to buying a new one. It's easy to change.

you can google and find OEM parts and pictures for the bike. I can't post a link cause I just joined.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for that, quite useful to know that the only difference appears to be the master cylinder mount. I'm still searching, fingers crossed but I'm sure something will turn up

·
Registered
7 Posts
The left and right rail are different, if you would try to use a left rail on the right everything on the outside would be on the inside on the right. it won't work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well duh, yeah. I knew that :)
I have both and clearly they are left and right handed. The problem I have is that the right hand side is damaged.
I'm trying to source a replacement for the right hand side.
Cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
It sounds like keeping an eye on ebay would be your best bet. You might be able to look for engines or other parts from bikes that were obviously crashed and ask the sellers about the availability of the part you're looking for, even if they don't yet have it posted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just managed to score one from OZ cycles in Florida - they're currently breaking a V2K Classic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts