Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There seems to be so many post about exhaust, intake, and fuel commanders, I thought I would give a review of my additions.

I added Cobra Slashdowns, Baron's BAK and a PCIIIUSB to my 900 custom.

The pipes can get loud but are fairly easy to keep quiet going through town or the neighborhood. With the intake and PC, they are nice and deep and you can easyly talk over them at an intersection. They definently got deeper and actually a little quieter after adding the the PC and BAK.

The BAK looks great. Not too terribly hard to install and top quality mfg. The worst part was getting the screw out that holds the stock air filter in. After I stripped it out, I remember reading other post about that.:)

For the PCIII, I didn't remove the tank, just the two back bolts and raised it with a 2x4. With my long needle nose, I was able to remove the injector plugs fairly easy. The one thing that was hard was trying to unplug the TPS so I could tap it. With the tank on, it is very hard to pull out but I was able to tap the wire with it still connected. My PC came from Fuelmoto because of all I have read online about them. It is all true. Great to talk to, fast shipping and good prices. They pre-mapped it for my setup. Intially had some firecracker backfiring, but after marbleing and making a tweak to the zero throttle column, backfire are mostly gone and just left with a few rumbles in decel.

But the best part of doing all of these, is the power band smoothness. Now they do not turn this into rocket, or snap your head, but you can feel it. Before, it felt like you needed to shift early because you were out of the band. Now running up through all 5 gears feels like an automatic car. Smooth, smooth, smooth with no power lag between gears. Also, cruising in 5th at 65-70 on the speedometer, it is not as buzzy, and I am not always looking for a 6th.

Just made a good country road run testing milege and came in at 48 mpg. Not too bad.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Great post, snowdust, and excellent use of the forum for research.

Speaking of the power band, smoothness between shifts and no longer feeling the need for a sixth gear suprises me some. I wouldn't have expected engine intake and exhaust mods to change the gearing aspects. Huh!

I'm going to assume you haven't changed either of the pulleys? You should consider doing that, it's a very popular mod with very satisfactory results in shift points and cruising rpm.

Welcom to the forum, and by all means, a picture of the bike would be sweet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts