Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I badly needed new pegs and basically forward controls, being on a serious budget I opted to go with these on EBay
Forward Controls Aluminum L Kawasaki Vulcan Custom Classic 900 VN900 2006-2013 | eBay
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

^ that's how far they stick out when installed.

Mapam is made in Milan, Italy. So I was kind of a sucker since I love Italy, it's an amazing place. Go spend a month there if you ever have the chance.
Also these were about half the price of other forward control kits, it came up to $370 CAD, or about $200 with the free shipping you have down in the states.

Overall I was really happy with the fit of the parts, direct bolt in, came with everything you'd need (minus the tools). The only other thing would be thread locker. I'd highly recommend using it, so the threads don't back off on you when riding.
There is no slop at all with any of the parts, they were machined quite well. Install wasn't hard, probably took about 45 minutes to do both sides.

I was really quite worried initially as the bike seemed quite hard to shift, and finding neutral was quite a challenge. Within 5 minutes of riding, they wore in properly and its been fine since. The bike shifts excellent Now, no issues with that.

Biggest bitch I have, is that the parts are mirror polished aluminum, not chrome like in the pic. Quote annoyed with That, but nothing else. For the money these are a great bet.
I'm 5'11" and these are a great bet. For any shorter riders (less then 5'6"), they may have trouble reaching the pegs.

Any questions just ask.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the same on my 2010 classic, love them. Mine didn't come with any installation instructions but they weren't to hard to figure out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts