Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I did my 1st road trip (500+km) in one day after putting on the Saddlemen Solo. This is the 1st long trip with the new seat. I had it since 5 months but didn't really test it out on long roads until 2 weeks ago.
There's a huge difference from the stock. Even my home-modified one. HUGE!
I feel now that it's broken in after putting around 600km on it. After the very first ride with it, there were stretch-marks left on the leather. Kinda like birth-stretch marks that remained imprinted on the seat. Don't know why! :confused:

1st off, no pressure on my tailbone. My butt was comfy. No numbness for my legs.
For seating position: I was pushed towards the tank & lowered.
I'm 5.11 & felt my legs are more cramped now than before. Need lil stretch either thru engine guard pegs or stretched forwards controls.

I think I need 14"-16" apes next for extra comfort because my right shoulder was killing me on my way back home in that trip. Plus a windshield would be nice.

Here's a vid for that trip. Hope you like it.. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAp3ya89ncg

·
Registered
761 Posts
Windshield is a must have for comfort,along with a good seat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Max, agree with you about the saddlemen solo. Have mine for about a year now and still love it. And yea, it does get better with a little seat time.
But MAN, what a ride! Those roads are crazy curvy - got to stay on your game. But :eek:, those idiot drivers! 2:20, I thought that black car was going to take you out. And don't forget the white car on your ass, love the sign language :cool: Don't get a chance to see mountains like that around my neck of the woods. Be safe!

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Your bike looks great. It was interesting to note that there weren't many other bikes on the road during that entire video. That must make riding extra fun.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But MAN, what a ride! Those roads are crazy curvy - got to stay on your game. But :eek:, those idiot drivers! 2:20, I thought that black car was going to take you out. And don't forget the white car on your ass, love the sign language :cool: Don't get a chance to see mountains like that around my neck of the woods. Be safe!
Thanks! Ya if you noticed he did pull over on a no-parking-at-all-road which I thought it was weird but then as I was pulling over in the mid-way parking spot, I noticed him flying past me again trying to pull the same sh!t he did the 1st time. But all that is considered normal everyday driving here :)

Your bike looks great. It was interesting to note that there weren't many other bikes on the road during that entire video. That must make riding extra fun.:rolleyes:
Thank you! We as bikers are a relatively new phenomena where I live. Only a handful of us there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts