Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on re-painting the bike, and I am down to the last piece that needs painted.....the clutch case....

I've read up on how to do it, and its saying i'm going to need to buy a new gasket. is it possible to reuse and lube it back up if it appears to be in good condition? any insight on this would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I would recommend acquiring a new gasket. They aren't that overly costly in the overall scheme of things. A new gasket should be easily obtainable from mother Kawi or flea-bay. Reusing a gasket is always an iffy process. YMMV

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I tried reusing the gasket for the alternator cover and the result was a leak. I agree with previous posters that it's best to get and install a new gasket.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just to pile on, I wouldn't try to reuse it. In fact, I'd probably order 2 new gaskets so I didn't have to wait again if I messed up the first time. Because I've had to do that for that exact reason.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just to pile on, I wouldn't try to reuse it. In fact, I'd probably order 2 new gaskets so I didn't have to wait again if I messed up the first time. Because I've had to do that for that exact reason.
that's some great, honest advice right there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts