Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

new to the forums and was taking a gander through some posts, I have a question about the Seat for the Vulcan S. It seems like the only aftermarket seat is the Corbin Seat. Has anyone ripped apart their seat to the basepan and redid the fabric and foam? I just bought bags and exhaust for my bike, but the stock seat really hurts after about 30-35 minutes of riding, if I had the $500 right now I would definitely buy a Corbin... but I don't at the minute.

Couple of people told me to do it myself, and that make me think, I can buy a memory foam pad from amazon, and some leather from a local fabric store, measure, cut and sew the leather, shape the foam, and staple it together to the basepan... Sounds easy, but maybe it's not.

Has anyone done this? if so any success with it being more comfortable and able to stand the ride for hours?

Would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are alors gel pads that you can insert in the original foam. Search for Tourtecs.

Envoyé de mon BLA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
There are videos on Youtube that can take you through the process of making a new seat.

Ever after going through all of the steps involved there is no guarantee that the seat you make will be any more comfortable than stock. I tried the process on another bike I had - I bought a used seat, foam from a local upholsterer and a power staple gun. Shaping the foam was a lot harder than it looks. After getting the foam somewhat shaped, tacking the cover to the pan was damn near impossible. I don't know how they do it at the factory but the staples would not penetrate the pan. I just dumped everything and bought a Corbin.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had mine scooped out and recovered for £250 in the UK. Core motorcycles, I've put a link in another post. It's changed my bike from a tailbone killer after 45 minutes to a bike I can ride for 2 hours and my arse is a lot less numb and hardly painful afterwards. I'd leave it to the pros.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fixed up an SV650 seat using part of the original foam and adding memory foam. Bought new vinyl and the seat was great. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mate buy the Corbin. You will not regret it. It makes a huge difference. The 30-45 minute limit is very common among many Vulcan S owners (as you can see here in the forums). I, too, had this problem. Bit the bullet and dished out many $$$ for the Corbin and don't look back. Now the bike is what I wanted it to be and I can ride 400km+ without any issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts