Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
33 Posts
I used to ride with non heated clothing. Until I found some heated socks, gloves, and the Milwaukee tools heated jacket. I don’t know how well some of the other heated biker wear works that plugs directly in the battery??? I know icy road conditions would make cold weather riding impossible but if it’s just a cold day??? And you have heated gear???

· Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
33 Posts
I don't want to ride if it is freezing but ,as you say ,if it is just a cold day,and dry, I like a run out. it is just my hands that get too cold,and feet a bit maybe. (padded armour tends to keep cold off the knees I think ) I am still looking for some battery heated gloves at a reasonable price.
The heated gloves I have were fairly inexpensive. They come with little batteries that take forever to charge. The discharge on them are about 3 hours total. When it's really cold, they don't feel as though they make a difference, until you take them off. Then you can tell right away, when you put them back on, that they were toasty the whole time.

The Milwaukee Tools heated jacket only heats you (or at least you feel warm) if it is snug. If it fits a little too small, that is even better. It just heats your core, nothing for your arms. It is wind and water proof, so that is always a plus on a bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts