Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my complete mess of a basement shop cleaned up enough to accomplish something. Mostly just puttering on the bike, but in the last few days I put some runestones on the plate of my Odin themed bike. Put a pigtail on the battery so I can easily get the battery tender on it. I changed out a decal I mounted crooked two summers ago with a bigger way more difficult one to put on a curved surface, and I took some Novus to some windshield scratches.

What is everyone else that can't ride in January tweaking on their bikes in the off season?

Attachments

· Premium Member
2002 Nomad
338 Posts
You must live in a cold climate area. Thankfully here on the gulf coast it's year round riding. Still a good time for oil changes and brake pad replacements because it's nice and cool. Too hot to work in the garage in summer.

· Premium Member
2002 Nomad
338 Posts
Finally got my complete mess of a basement shop cleaned up enough to accomplish something. Mostly just puttering on the bike, but in the last few days I put some runestones on the plate of my Odin themed bike. Put a pigtail on the battery so I can easily get the battery tender on it. I changed out a decal I mounted crooked two summers ago with a bigger way more difficult one to put on a curved surface, and I took some Novus to some windshield scratches.

What is everyone else that can't ride in January tweaking on their bikes in the off season?
Like the saddle bags

· Registered
274 Posts
Restless,yes, I don't like not being able to ride in winter (and I have a new Royal Enfield Classic 350 with just over 200 miles on the clock waiting to be run in ) : but I still can't get the household jobs done that have been waiting ages !

· Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
33 Posts
I used to ride with non heated clothing. Until I found some heated socks, gloves, and the Milwaukee tools heated jacket. I don’t know how well some of the other heated biker wear works that plugs directly in the battery??? I know icy road conditions would make cold weather riding impossible but if it’s just a cold day??? And you have heated gear???

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Restless,yes, I don't like not being able to ride in winter (and I have a new Royal Enfield Classic 350 with just over 200 miles on the clock waiting to be run in ) : but I still can't get the household jobs done that have been waiting ages !

--You must be champing at the bit

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to ride with non heated clothing. Until I found some heated socks, gloves, and the Milwaukee tools heated jacket. I don’t know how well some of the other heated biker wear works that plugs directly in the battery??? I know icy road conditions would make cold weather riding impossible but if it’s just a cold day??? And you have heated gear???
...the two feet of snow we got Thursday makes it difficult. :)

· Premium Member
2002 Nomad
338 Posts
Never tried heated gear

· Registered
274 Posts
I don't want to ride if it is freezing but ,as you say ,if it is just a cold day,and dry, I like a run out. it is just my hands that get too cold,and feet a bit maybe. (padded armour tends to keep cold off the knees I think ) I am still looking for some battery heated gloves at a reasonable price.

· Registered
38 Posts
I am 53, born in 1969. One of my dad's biggest regrets is selling his chopper, built from a Royal Enfield 750 if I remember correctly to buy an engagement ring.

Let that be a lesson to all of you! If you have to give up 1 to get the other, then don't do it! There's only 1 in your life that will be glad to let you ride her any time, day or night, without complaining, will never cheat on you, will always want to please you, and will not spend your money without you knowing it. And by the way... Your bike will NOT ask you to share the remote control, or watch something you have NO interest in. Just sayin'...

· Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
33 Posts
I don't want to ride if it is freezing but ,as you say ,if it is just a cold day,and dry, I like a run out. it is just my hands that get too cold,and feet a bit maybe. (padded armour tends to keep cold off the knees I think ) I am still looking for some battery heated gloves at a reasonable price.
The heated gloves I have were fairly inexpensive. They come with little batteries that take forever to charge. The discharge on them are about 3 hours total. When it's really cold, they don't feel as though they make a difference, until you take them off. Then you can tell right away, when you put them back on, that they were toasty the whole time.

The Milwaukee Tools heated jacket only heats you (or at least you feel warm) if it is snug. If it fits a little too small, that is even better. It just heats your core, nothing for your arms. It is wind and water proof, so that is always a plus on a bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts