Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm buying a 2014 New old stock VN900 Classic for $5999.00 It's $80 for Oregon tags and title, so it's $6079.00 down the road.

I just can't resist.

I sold off my 2012 Candy Arabian Red, and that was a mistake. Luckily I can re-buy this one with a 2 year warranty and 5 miles on the clock for what I sold my old used one for. Well almost. I'm going to have to pony up the $80! LOL.

I would rather have the chromed engine parts, but they're pretty cheap to convert over. Anyone have an online source for OEM Kawasaki parts that's reasonable?

(Heck I even have 4/5 of the pack of 270 ohm 1/2 watt resistors left! :) )

·
Registered
847 Posts
That seems like a good purchase to me. that is what I paid for my 07 hold over in 08 and I was very well pleased with my deal.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... Might be going for 2012 in Candy Arabian Red instead... Already has all the Chrome bits I want. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... Might be going for 2012 in Candy Arabian Red instead... Already has all the Chrome bits I want. :)
Nah, scratch that! For the same money a 2014 with a 2 year warranty and the new seat is worth having some polished black parts on... :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Time to buy and get it plated!!
Heck for less than $500 I can replace most of the engine covers, etc with OEM Chrome parts!

The biggest thing is the white wall tires, just not a fan. But they're gone in <10,000 miles anyways. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I meant buy the bike and get license plates.Enjoy whatever 900 you may choose.They are great bikes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I meant buy the bike and get license plates.Enjoy whatever 900 you may choose.They are great bikes.
Oh, LOL. I thought you meant chrome plate the black bits... :cool:

Yea, that's the plan $6259 with tags, title and registration down the road. Gotta love that! Heck they're asking more for 4 year old used ones with 20,000 miles on them on Craigs list! (Not that they're not worth it. ;) )

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
What chrome parts are you looking for Qwntm? I've been wanting to go more black on my 900 Custom, I probably would be willing to trade parts that fit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What chrome parts are you looking for Qwntm? I've been wanting to go more black on my 900 Custom, I probably would be willing to trade parts that fit.

That is a great job on that Vulcan!

Interesting offer, now I have to decide. I picked up the bike Tuesday and the black bits are growing on me. I guess I need to see what it looks like with a windshield, chrome sissy bar and bags. It's got chrome pipes and wheels and turn signals so it's kinda a mix or match kinda thing.

I was thinking the engine covers, cylinder head covers etc. but now I'm not sure... Lol. Sorry to be so wishy washy.

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
No apology necessary :smile: I change my mind frequently... probably why I've repainted the bike 3 times in two years! Just keep me in mind if you decide to go the chrome route. Thanks!:beer:

·
Registered
353 Posts
@Bald Marine: please post more pics or better yet give us a link where there are more w/ the current paint while it's still on... :)))

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
so what's the situation w/ the rust? is it still spreading? are you gonna do anything about it? :)
thanks for the links.
that's a lot of work and a great result! it looks real good...

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
Thanks Durox, it's a fun bike to cruise on. I often joke to my Harley riding friends that "I know I ride harder than them because even my fiberglass is rusty."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts