Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all! I’ve got a 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom I just bought it at my local Kawasaki Dealership and I’ve been having a blast on it. The new is now wearing off finally (lol) so I’ve been checking things out, and I’ve noticed that there is some dark residue on the front fin of the engine (pointing towards the radiator) it is hard to see unless you’re looking for it as my engine is matte black with machined fins. Is there anything in this area that could be sealing through that’s a dark color? I also looked in the valley between the twins for the first time and it’s a little uneasy looking in there as well. Bike has 10k miles. Am i just looking for problems or is this something that should be addressed? It’s my first bike so I was debating on seeing if it’s an issue or just getting a rag and cleaning the whore. Thank you all!! -Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Suggest cleaning the area and see whether the residue reappears. As DaPreacha suggests it probably is only road dust, etc. But the dealer should have cleaned the Vulcan before selling it but dealers do not always do what they should do.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Check your water hose clamps. They are known to loosen/not be tight enough from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts