Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
250 mile ride in East Texas this morning.

- What a fantastic performing machine
- Extremely smooth, great suspension, tons and tons of power
- 46.3 mpg indicated
- Shoulder, arms, wrists, hands, fingers not yet conditioned! Very comfortable but very different. Adjusted as I rode, do not anticipate any problem making complete adjustment.
- After first ride think I can get about half the riding distance as I did on Voyager. This may increase as I get use to new positions
- NO HEAT ISSUES AT ALL! What a joy

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
That's a nice bike. If I didn't have the GF to contend with (we both wouldn't fit on Concours) I'd probably be on that or a FJR.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I checked one out before I got the VV and it was just too high off the ground for me.
NO dought it has an abundance of power.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I love mine! Picked it up in May. I've done several 800 mile round trip rides with it. It is an amazing machine. I still have the Voyager for cruising and carrying my wife around. The only negative about the Concours is not having factory cruise control. It is very hard to maintain the speed limits on that bike.

BTW: It is as hot to ride as the Voyager IMO. Both block way too much wind for summer riding compared to my mean streak and Versys. Of course neither have heat issues. They are big engines that put out a lot of heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts