Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of research and thinking about this over the last year or two I finally took the leap and installed headlight modulator. Statistics show most mc/car crashes occur when a driver turns in front of a mc, and the the driver claims they did not "see" the mc. However, as you may know there's a lot of folks who have stories of run in with LEOs and angry drivers over modulators and I was a bit leery of all that. But, I decided I'm more concerned about avoiding a crash.

So, yesterday was my first ride with the modulator. I didn't see any reaction from drivers for the most part. There were a few cases where cars turning at an intersection appeared to start and stop but I see that all the time so. I guess there is really no way to know for sure if they would have not seen me but for the modulator. Passed a few LEOs also and no reaction from them. I carry a copy of the law just in case one decides to stop me.

I was a bit nervous at first but after a while I became much more comfortable with it. The Kisan unit modulates on high beam only so it's easy to turn it on and off. When on a freeway I turn it off since there are no side road access and I hear sometimes they confuse truckers thinking you are signaling them. In short, so far, so good. I'll post again if I run into any negative side effects.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I have had a headlight modulator since the late '80's. Never stopped by LEO.
I normally ride with it on in the daytime no matter where I am.
If group riding unless I am leading I turn it off.
It can confuse truckers so if one is passing me on the interstate I turn it off until they are back in the lane in front of me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had a headlight modulator for years. Yes, they do work. People do notice them, makes them do a double take. I have had drivers get out of there vehicles (in front of me at the lights & at the pumps) to come tell me something was wrong with my headlight. Never any issue with LEO, although I keep waiting so I can explain it to them :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts