Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, so please forgive me if this has been covered but so couldn't find it.

Purchasing a '96 Vulcan 900 classic and want to change floorboards to footpegs and forward controls like one the custom. I'm really tall and need the extra legroom.

Can I just swap the two or is there a difference in how they bolt on? Have any of you done it before and used extended forward controls? I've watched the video of the Grumywirth conversion and that's what I'm looking to do, just don't know about going from floorboards to pegs.

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
When I bought my '07 900 Classic LT I thought about doing changing over from footboards and the heel/toe shifter to footpegs and the Custom shifter. As I recall, I found that the spline shafts from the shifter to the internal shift mechanism were of different lengths and there also were other shifter parts which also must changed, so the change would have been more bother than it was worth. Maybe you have found that the change isn't as involved as I thought that it was.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The floorboards and footless are completely interchangeable, you need everything though, from brackets too brake pedal and shifter with all linkage as well. If your near mid Michigan I will swap you and do all the work too boot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I ended up with a 2014 classic for a great deal and not sure about changing from floorboards now. They're comfortable, but I still need the extended legroom. I've seen the 6" extensions offered and I'm sure they're nice for 369.00 but wondering if there's a better way.

The grumpyworths mentioned look like they're not available anymore, and I found a post but lost it from a guy here that was trying to make his own 6" extensions so I'll keep searching.

Any suggestions from hose of you with more experience are greatly appreciated. If changing from floorboards is what needs to be done, then I'm up for it if it will get the legroom I need.

·
Registered
50 Posts
. I've seen the 6" extensions offered and I'm sure they're nice for 369.00 but wondering if there's a better way.
You need to talk to this company. The guy's name is Joe. Very helpful and fabricates extensions for very reasonable price. You send him the part and he'll extend it for you.

Products

Because I like my legs extended more that the floor boards allow, I added the OEM engine guard and put the highway pegs in such a way that I can use them as foot-board extensions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts