Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock tires are worn out with a little over 8000 kms on them. Often ride two up and loaded down with gear as we do a lot of multiday touring. Wondering if there is a better option for my style of riding than stock tire. Any suggestions/experiences are greatly appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
141 Posts
I (and almost everyone else!) have michelin commander II tires. They get great mileage, good grip, price is good, etc., etc., etc. In other words, you can't go wrong with them. 180/65-16 rear is the replacement size for your bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone gone to lower profile tires on the 2009 & up Voyager, if so what tires and size did you put on? I am a short person and have been thinking I might get a bit of extra footing if I went to lower profile tires. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Depends what type of riding you do.

Has anyone gone to lower profile tires on the 2009 & up Voyager, if so what tires and size did you put on? I am a short person and have been thinking I might get a bit of extra footing if I went to lower profile tires. Any help would be great.
I found the lower profile tires caused a lot of peg scraping in corners. I am an aggressive rider to start with though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found the lower profile tires caused a lot of peg scraping in corners. I am an aggressive rider to start with though.
I like to lean the bike but I wouldn't say that I am aggressive, I am sure the wife would have something to say if I were ....... lol. Can U tell me what brand and size the lower profile tires were?

·
Registered
9 Posts
They were the Metzelers Marathon ME 880
Back was a 160 60
Front was a 120 80
Dropped the bike about 3/4 of an inch
I did find that I wore out the back tire really fast (about 8500 km or 5000 miles)
did not notice any faster wear on the front tire (about 20000 km)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts