Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I'm confused about the tires on my 2011 classic se.
While I was looking up stock replacements online,they are listed as tubeless.
The rear is a Bridgestone G722 and the front is a Bridgestone G721. On the Dennis Kirk website they are listed as tubeless is this a problem running tubes?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Try checking out jakewilson.com I use to run Pirelli MT66 and loved them. I was getting 17k+ miles from the rear tire and had 30k on the front when I traded it in. They handle great wet or dry and for the price you can't beat em and Jake Wilson has a fast ship. They say tubeless but I had no problem what so ever...just a suggestion! Here's the link!

https://www.jakewilson.com/search?term=perrlli+mt66

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can run a tube in a tubeless type tire. Just not the other way around.
+1

Check out the Metzeler wide white wall ME880's. I want those so bad, they look killer. Somebody post up a pic if you have them.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
Look the the Avon website. They make a nice motorcycle tire. Ran them on my '09 900 Classic LT and now on my 2012 Nomad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for clearing that up for me. I looked at the Pirelli MT66's and liked that they had good reviews,but I'm stuck on the whitewalls so that narrows down my choices.
The rear size is what is doing it like you all know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Metzeler wide whitewall ME888 is available in the 170/80-15 size. Lowering engine speed is on my mind. That is an option I was looking at.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have looking at the Michelin Commander 2s for next year. A couple of the guys in my group have them and love them. They are able to get 20k plus out of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts