Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I might find replacement bars for the stock handlebars on the 900? My hands go numb due to the bending of my wrists on the stock bars and am looking for straight(er) bars...thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
There are many places to buy bars on the internet, J&P Cycle is one place that comes to mind. Drag Specialties has a large selection also. The only problem with this is just looking at pictures and looking at dimensions doesn't work to well. I wanted to change the bars on my 900 custom for the same reason you did. I bought a couple of different pairs off of the internet and had to return them because they didn't fit me just right. I ended up going to a Kawasaki dealer and sat on a bunch of bikes until I found the bars I liked. I then ordered them online for alot cheaper than if I ordered them directly form the dealer I was at. Babbits online sells OEM equipment at reasonable prices. You just need to search around to find the best price. I found that some places charge for shipping and some don't, so look at the total cost with shipping not just the items price.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got the same problem. With my new seat, I sit up striaght when I ride now and the position of the bars seems low and my arms are stretched out. It causes my hands to get numb. I went to a shop and the guy held some small apes so I could get a feel for where that would put my hands. Then I sat on a VTX that they had in the shop with 4" risers and it felt just about right.

I don't want to spend money on risers when I should really be getting new bars, but now I just might get a set of 4" risers with 1-1/2 " pull back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you give me the entire Babbits address? I'd like to check'm out but google doesn't seem to recognize it. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts