Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the stock Bridgestone Excedras on my 2013 Voyager with Michelin Commander II's. My research says they provide a better ride and traction while lasting twice as long. The rear doesn't come in the stock 170/70 size but does come in a 180/65. I know it will fit but was wondering has anyone put these tires on their Voyager and experienced any speedometer issues, i.e, reads fast or slow? I think the circumference between the two is similar but haven't been able to find that number for comparison.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
I am replacing the stock Bridgestone Excedras on my 2013 Voyager with Michelin Commander II's. My research says they provide a better ride and traction while lasting twice as long. The rear doesn't come in the stock 170/70 size but does come in a 180/65. I know it will fit but was wondering has anyone put these tires on their Voyager and experienced any speedometer issues, i.e, reads fast or slow? I think the circumference between the two is similar but haven't been able to find that number for comparison.
Bob, I put the 180/65/16 on my Vaqueros. I love the tire! I got a little over 22,000 miles on the first one, and just installed the 2nd one. I noticed a speedometer reading difference of about 1 mph faster than stock 170/70/16 size, as well as a proportionate difference in the odometer. Regardless of the tire used, the speedometer and odometer readings vary as the tire wears down and the circumference decreases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts