Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, I think I need new rear shocks on my 03 nomad 1500 fi. They are set to position 3 and 34psi. I can push the back end down with my hands. my wife and i were riding and we went over a big dip and i think we bottomed out. first time this has happened. i usually don,t change the psi when i'm alone, just change to position 2. neither one of us is over 200 lbs. combined is approx. 360 lbs. If i need new shocks , what is everyone using? they must be able to adjust from the top. oems are $600 each. crazy!!! progressive is $600 a pair but i don't know which after market to use if any. thanks, hope someone can help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Vulcan guy, I"ll look into it. P.S. just put on the valkyrie exhaust tips yesterday, gonna try them out today. will post pics, they look great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks Vulcan Guy, I picked up those used shocks on ebay. They couldn't tell me how good they are or if the air bladder was holding air . just the physical condition. but they did give me 30 day warranty. Hopefully they work out. I'll keep you updated. If you come across anything else please let me know. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts