Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm getting ready for a first oil change on my 2016 Voyager and was looking to get K&N filter.
Search tool on K&N website does not bring any compatible oil filters for 2016 Voyager, but does indicate KN-303 for 2015 and earlier.
I have a spare KN-303 for my VN900 and would like to use it.
Does anybody know if there are changes in Voyager design from last year and if it's OK to use KN-303? Or should I look at some other options?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under "tools" in the header you will find the Advanced Search feature.. Oil filters have been beat about for years...
Thanks. This is the first thing I actually did 0:). Used the search and found that KN-303 is compatible. K&N website confirmed that as well, but only for 2015 and earlier years. Nothing comes up for 2016 on there website, hence the question. I just want to make sure that it will work for my scoot. If not I will go with other brands. I just happen to like K&N oil filters because it is easy to remove.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If they'd changed the engine in 2016, I'm sure someone would have mentioned it by now :grin2:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
check wix filter web site, i think wix 51358 fits all vulcans, you can get wix filters at auto parts stores

·
Registered
17 Posts
Better oil filter, IMHO...

I'll probably get flamed for this, but IMHO the Purolater PureONE PL14610 is the only filter I'll use for my Voyager. It has a much better filter media and more of it packed inside.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Same filter that all my Yamahas use. I get a K&N 303 when Autozone has them on sale otherwise I use Bosh 3323, but it is LONG and hard to get in and out. Bosh has a shorter one but I do not remember the number. Have a Fram PH6607 (shorter) on it now. If the K&N 303 did not have the built in bolt head it would be hard to get in and out also. We can talk about filters forever like we can oil, tires, back rests, grips....

Use what you know works and does not cost an arm and a leg.... The K&N 303's are pricey but sometimes you can get them for around 8 bucks.

I will try that purolator next time. Thanks... I keep 6 oil filters on hand because I have too many scoots......

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for this, but IMHO the Purolater PureONE PL14610 is the only filter I'll use for my Voyager. It has a much better filter media and more of it packed inside.
Shoot, anyone who knows anything about oil filters knows that is an excellent product. I also use it on my bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts