Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement key made for my 2012 Vulcan 900 Classic? Or at least a blank key? I have searched ebay and google, no luck. I have also went to my local hardware store and they told me that I would need to bring in a blank key so they can cut it. Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My local hardware shop made me 2 keys from blanks he had.

I can ask him what they are called if you like so you know what to get.

Can also grab you some if you like, but I live in Australia and am unsure where you are located.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
If you have the little metal tab that was on the key ring, it will have the key number and you can order it form Ma Kaw....

Otherwise go find an actual key store, I had to go to Abilene Texas, about and hour and half away. The clerk there found a key that their catalogue said would fit. It did, but it was about an inch longer that the original key, still that beats no back up key .........

·
Registered
90 Posts
My local Kawasaki dealer told me to go to an actual locksmith to get the best deal. I took his suggestion and got two keys made in about 5 minutes for less than a $5 bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my blank keys on eBay. 2 for $8. Shipping cost more, lol. Key blanks are ilco kw15bp is the key for the Vulcan 900 classic/custom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I called my local dealer and gave them the vin. Had a couple of keys in about 4 days.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Most of you seem to have had better luck than me. I only got one key from the dealer and it was bent. Tried one from Ace and another from a locksmith. Neither worked so I ended up ordering actual Kawasaki blanks.

They weren't cheap but they have the name stamped in them and the black cover over the top.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got mine off of eBay and had a Locksmith cut them, I was on the Bike so we went out and tried them and they all three worked, actually I got 2 from eBay and they had some blanks that she cut one from and as stated by Archie "little longer but work just fine "

HalfBreed

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ebay has OEM for $24 per... Sounds kinda expensive to me...
And to me... I bought one for my Voyager just the other day from Parzilla, for $16.90. It was kinda expensive on the shipping within the USA ($7.95), but excellent cheap for shipping to NZ ($7.99).

Your 900 key is part # 27008-0042, which Partzilla has for $13.91. But if you search for that part number using Google you may find a better shipping deal yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just had ace cut me 2 keys, both worked ok. they take a little jiggling to get out, but I only bought them as spares just in case

·
Registered
90 Posts
The ilco KW15BP key blanks that I bought from one of the suggested Googled sources works perfectly & cost less than a 5$ bill . Take 'em to anyone who cuts keys and they'll duplicate the original key for a nominal fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts