Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2004 vn 2000 after getting it home (trailered) I started to take bike bits off that the previous owner had on. Apparently his "scratches" where worse handle bars are bent. Ha ing a heck of a time finding replacements . I live in ayr Ontario Canada. Waiting on OEM but they claim they are back ordered. Highway man out of Holland shows some but those too are back ordered.... help I just wanna ride please!!!!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
A lot of us have replaced the bars.

Why go with stock? Pick something else out. Just gotta go with same thickness unless you want to switch out the risers (which is easy to do).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pretty much any 1 inch bars up to 12 inches tall will work with stock cables and wires. I put 12 inch bars on mine and my wrists don't get sore from the beach style bars anymore, but I get numbness on long rides in my hands.... Maybe 8 or 10 inch would have been better for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do they make risers for a 2005 vn2000 ? I'm thinking of getting some but my chrome decorative plate would mess things or missing if I remove it to install risers unless they make risers with a cover plate. if that makes sense. thanks

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Do they make risers for a 2005 vn2000 ? I'm thinking of getting some but my chrome decorative plate would mess things or missing if I remove it to install risers unless they make risers with a cover plate. if that makes sense. thanks
they don't make risers FOR the v2k.. there are metric risers and "Harley" risers.

The plate cover is going to interfere with you putting taller risers on the bike. If you want more pullback or higher bars, gonna have to switch out bars (which is easy to do).

Also, easy to switch to "harley" risers. Just gotta drill out the triple tree..which is EASY to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts