Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the stock drag style handle bars on my 900 Custom. I am only 5'4" tall (female) and my elbows are always stretched out as a result. During my research, I came across these "Baron Custom Starbar Handlebar". Does anyone have any idea if this would be a good fix for me? I checked the fitment and they do fit the KAW Vulcan 900 Custom. (see link below for handlebar). Thanks!

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/baron-custom-accessories-starbar-handlebar/part/BA-7300-00?action=reviews&page=8

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Looks like should be at least an improvement, angled closer to you and probably wider aswell. Wider may be your only concern, while giving more leverage to turn at lower speeds, can also mean longer reach to the outside bar when turning close to the limit. Have you tried a classic 900 for fit, bars should be simular. Only said that so you can try the feel of the bars, not suggesting you get a different bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
273 Posts
i would get some bars with more of a pullback for your stature. whatever bars you get, make sure and drill out the holes on the top triple tree and use larger bolts than stock. i cant believe kawasaki used such a tiny bolt for the risers. atleast they did on the classic. the bolts holding the risers on were so small it was down right scary. i drilled out the holes on mine and bought a pair of used harley 4.5" pullback risers. now mine are perfect for me. that might be an option for you, some pullback risers and bars with slightly more pullback than stock.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the Baron's Big Johnson bar, which is essentially the same as the star bar only in a larger diameter tubing. I don't know if someone of your size would like these or not. They are pretty wide. at 5'10", The rise and pull back were pretty good for me, even though I find myself leaning forward a bit to reach them on my 1600 classic. My tank is much longer than the 900. Someone 5'4" might get a more comfortable ride out of some mini ape's that are tilted back just slightly. This would put your arms below shoulder height, allow your elbows to stay bent, and give you good control over the machine.

Just my opinion...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts