Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on grips on my Vulcan S. The stock ones are too small for my big hands and I get cramped up. Here's what I'm looking for.

- Fat (for my big hands)
- Exact fit (no cutting, just want to slip them on)
- All rubber (no chrome or fancy pants styling)
- Grippy (cause they're grips)
- Good value

Any recommendations?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Looking for recommendations on grips on my Vulcan S. The stock ones are too small for my big hands and I get cramped up. Here's what I'm looking for.

- Fat (for my big hands)

- Exact fit (no cutting, just want to slip them on)

- All rubber (no chrome or fancy pants styling)

- Grippy (cause they're grips)

- Good value

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Kuryakyn ISO Grips, and Weights, and throttle boss.

Use 7/8 Universal. The Glue sets up extremely fast, be careful when applying pressure to your control housing.

Use a barber pole type wrap of electrical tape along with glue on the clutch side.

I wear size 2xl gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok don't laugh...I wanted something similar as you described. I found these and they were highly rated and for the price I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I really like them, they slide over existing grips and won't slide off or slip, they fatten up the grips significantly, and reduce vibration. If you don't like em your only out $15 or so. Pics from the web:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Kuryakyn ISO Grips, and Weights, and throttle boss.

Use 7/8 Universal. The Glue sets up extremely fast, be careful when applying pressure to your control housing.

Use a barber pole type wrap of electrical tape along with glue on the clutch side.

I wear size 2xl gloves.

Do you happen the have the part number you got?

Edit: These ones? Part # 6341
ISO®-Grips for 7/8" Bars, Gloss Black

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Sounds about right. My throttle grip was applied with hairspray; you will have to use supplied glue On clutch side.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought a box of 24 1 inch foam grips for around $20.00. (Can't remember from who) I use hairspray and simply roll them over the stock grips. I installed Cycle Gear heated grip elements ($20) over the stock grips and again, simply roll the fatter foam grips over the stock grips and heating elements. Works great and I can easily replace a grip if they wear out. I like having bigger grips and the foam cuts down on vibration.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the Kury ISO and took them off. Didn't like them, they pinched my hands. I now have the Avon Black touring grips and love them...both the look and the comfort.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I had the Kury ISO and took them off. Didn't like them, they pinched my hands. I now have the Avon Black touring grips and love them...both the look and the comfort.

To each his own... I find them extremely comfortable (wear size 2xl gloves).

I set them up so the rubber is at an angle not horizontal or up and down.

The Avon contour grips I found too small.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts